The Fluco Beat

• February 20FCHS will be offering the ASVAB test to interested sophomores, juniors, and seniors. For details, please email [email protected]
  • February 20The FCHS Music Department is hosting a "Night at the Movies" Concert at 6pm on Thurs. Feb. 22. Tickets are $5. See Ms. Harkrader in room 1517 for details.
  • February 19The FCHS Library will be hosting a Read-A-Thon on Thurs. March 7. It is $1 per 30 minute block or $10 for the entire day. Funds go to Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
  • January 20Juniors and seniors taking the SAT in March should check their email for information and a calendar invite from Ms. Blevins. Email [email protected] with questions.

The Fluco Beat

The Fluco Beat

• Photo courtesy of FCHS’s Graphic Arts Class. Music courtesy of FCHS’s Piano Lab class.

The Art of Collaboration

Artists can find a muse in anything. From a starry night to an enigmatic woman, artists are renowned for being able to turn anything into a piece of art. Musicians also take inspiration from everywhere. They have found inspiration in storms, planets, and even the destruction of cities. In December, Graphic Arts teacher Rosa Lee Fry and Piano Lab instructor Sara Harkrader collaborated on a project that took advantage of these tendencies.

Music created by Harkrader’s piano students was used by Fry’s graphics students to inspire digital artwork. Then, artwork created by the graphics students was used by the piano students to inspire their music. The music that accompanies each digital art piece was turned into a QR code that is available in digital form as well as in printouts located in the Fine Arts hallway (1600 hallway).