The Fluco Beat

• April 24A paper recycling project is occurring. Please place any old and unused papers and notes in the box in the cafeteria until April 29.
  • April 23700 students showed up to the Suicide Prevention Walk on April 19. All profits benefited the ConnerStrong Foundation.
  • April 9Four members of the debate team qualified for States at their Super Regional tournament on April 6. States will occur April 26 and 27 at JMU.
  • April 9Prom tickets are $20 and are on sale before school and during lunches.
  • April 8Culinary will be selling Cake in a Cup, sweet tea, and lemonade during April. Cakes are $3 while sweet tea and lemonade are $1 each.

The Fluco Beat

The Fluco Beat

Image created using Microsoft Bing Image creator. Image Courtesy of Madison Owen.
Madison Owen

Bringing The “Eras Concert Tour” to Swifties Everywhere

Costing only $15 million to make, Taylor Swift’s “Eras Concert Tour” film has made $250 million at the box office so far this fall. Highly-anticipated by “Swifties” (as her fans call themselves), the event showcases each different period of the singer’s career, and offers fans a chance to relive their favorite Swift era, from her country roots to her pop evolution.

The film makes it possible for Swifties from all across the world to either relieve their experiences watching one of her in-person music tours, while also making the experience accessible to those who perhaps can’t afford or don’t want to spend the money on her concert tickets which have ranged from $500-$3,000 on sites like SeatGeek, Ticketmaster, and StubHub.

Swift saw the anger of her fans over the prices, so she created the “Eras Concert Tour” movie to extend its reach beyond the concert venues, without the extravagant cost.

Once Swift signed all contacts and contacted who she needed, she put this movie into action. The film crew felt the best concert location to showcase was SoFi stadium in California. The film crew had cameras set up across the entire arena, making sure to get every angle, so from the audience’s perspective, it felt as if they were standing in the crowd.

The movie consists of the entire 2 hours and 49 minute-long concert with no cuts to recreate the concert experience for an average price of $20 per ticket (not including any tour merchandise which is also sold at the screenings.

One of the many reasons why the “Eras Concert Tour” movie has resonated with audiences is because fans dress in their favorite Taylor era outfits. An example would be the “Lover” album. The album cover consists of colors like pink, purple, and blue, so fans wear extravagant outfits in those colors with lots of sequences and glitter. Some fans have even gone above and beyond by getting to theaters early to trade friendship bracelets, just like Swifties do at concerts, inspired by Taylors’ Song “You’re On Your Own, Kid.”

Although watching the movie isn’t the same as seeing Swift in person, fans have appreciated a chance to dress up and sing their hearts out to their favorite artist for far less, while participating in a cultural phenomenon.

The film will be available to rent on-demand starting Dec. 13.