FCHS senior Richard Price. Photo courtesy of Sharon Key.
Sharon Key

Price Takes a Multi-Sport Career to the Next Level

While conquering one sport is difficult enough for some, senior Richard Price has succeeded in multiple sports including indoor track, outdoor track, and football.

Breaking the 300-meter school record at 36.31 seconds, Price is no stranger to accomplishments. Being all-state for the 300-meter indoor championships, and winning multiple 100 and 200 meter races in outdoor track, he was named All-District and All-Region for outdoor track in the 2022-2023 season. He was also named All-State in the 4×400 meter team race, which has helped him rack up twelve medals.

With both track seasons in the past, Price’s current focus is on football. Price was instrumental in last year’s team with his rushing greatly benefiting the effectiveness of the offense,. He said he hopes to make an even greater impact this season.

“My expectation for this year’s football season is set high, me and my boys have been out on the field and weight room working for months now, grinding to reestablish our football program. So we are looking forward to a great season filled with wins,” he said. With three team wins already on the books, Price is hoping that the best is yet to come this season.

While his accomplishments in football included rushing for 320 yards and having 61 tackles last year, Price notes, “my expectation this year is to reach 600 rushing yards, [and] six touchdowns.” Setting high football standards is not unusual for Price, who has played football for five years and been on the high school team since 8th grade.

Staying motivated is not difficult for Price. “My number one motivation to keep striving for success is my family, because win or lose, they always are supporting me to the fullest and giving me the strength and encouragement to perform to the best of my ability,” he said.

He adds, “One day I can hopefully repay my family for always having my back and wanting success for me.”

Price has high hopes for success in his athletic career even after the football season ends, with him looking to dominate the state in the sprint events, set new records, and earn medals along the way.

The football team currently sits at 3-1, with Price and his teammates looking to add to that win column as much as possible this season. He plans to compete at the collegiate level, whether that is for track or football, where he can take his expertise to the next level.