Fluco Journalism
Graphic created by Fluco Journalism using Canva. Photo courtesy of Fluco Journalism.

Senior Trip Deadline Approaches

Want to get out of school for a day and still be exempt from your final? Check out the senior spring trips. It is time to sign up for the senior trips to both the Alamo and Baltimore.

The Alamo trip is $25, and the deadline to pay is Feb. 9. The movie is the latest Marvel movie, “Madame Webb.” The $25 fee covers admission, plus a non-refillable drink and some popcorn. If you want to open a tab after that, you can. You are responsible for the bill, along with the tip and tax.

The second senior trip is to Baltimore. The first deposit is due Feb. 28 and the full amount is due March 30. The students will leave early, at around 6:30 a.m., and stop along the way to Baltimore for some breakfast. Once at Baltimore, the students will enjoy a lunch cruise aboard the Spirit of Baltimore. Once the cruise is over, students will be able to explore the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore in small groups. To finish the day off, the students will go to Camden Yards to watch the Baltimore Orioles play against the Arizona Diamondbacks. After the game is over, the students will head back home, arriving around 1 or 2 a.m.

For the Baltimore trip, at least 45 students need to place a deposit by Feb. 28 for the trip to occur. The first 50 students who turn in guarantee themselves to the trip. If not enough students sign up, then the trip will be canceled, and the students will be refunded.

To sign up, go see the senior class sponsors Jason Davis, Jason Barnett, and Mitchell Pace, to get the sign-up sheet. After that, return with the sheet and the money to one of the sponsors.