Camille Bradshaw
Culinary’s sweet tea cart, decked out for Valentine’s Day. Photo courtesy of Camille Bradshaw.

Culinary’s Tea-rrific Fundraiser

For many, sweet tea (known to most as simply “tea”) is an essential summer staple. Now, thanks to Camille Bradshaw and her Culinary students, tea is available at the high school year-round through a sweet tea cart.

Currently, the cart only sells tea, but Bradshaw, the long-term substitute teacher for Chef Jonnay Grooms, is open to selling other items as well.

“My students and I have discussed selling other beverages outside of tea, like pink and regular lemonade and possibly Kool-aid, and in the past we have sold glazed cinnamon donuts and donut holes,” said Bradshaw. She believes that the carts could have different drinks in the coming weeks, but that selling food items will have to wait until Grooms returns.

Bradshaw said she decided to have a tea cart as a fundraiser. “Culinary Arts has always sold tea. It’s a way to raise money for cooking labs, catering events, field trips, and various other things needed in the classroom,” she noted.

The tea carts are located near the elevator on the first, third, and fourth floors between first and second block, as well as between third and fourth block. A cup of tea costs $1 payable with coins or $1, $5, and $10 bills.