JostensPix
FCHS math teacher and varsity softball coach Aime’ McCall.

McCall Named Varsity Softball Coach

The Fluvanna County School Board unanimously approved the appointment of Aime’ McCall as the new FCHS Varsity Softball Coach.

“We are pleased to have Coach Aime’ McCall as our new head softball coach at FCHS. Her knowledge of Fluvanna, experience as a coach, in conjunction with teaching our Flucos in the classroom, will be a great asset for the program,” said Athletic Director Scott Morris. “We look forward to the transition into a new era of FLUCO softball.”

After opening up the position in October 2023, FCPS was able to pool applicants, assemble an interview committee made up of school administrators, athletic department personnel, and a parent representative to bring what FCPS believes to be a great step forward for the softball program, school, and community. 

“I am excited to get back on the field again and can’t wait to start working with the girls,” said McCall.

A graduate of FCHS, McCall has served as an assistant for the volleyball, girls basketball and softball programs, while serving as the Head Coach of the softball program from 2010-2015. McCall, who received her BA from the University of Virginia, is a math teacher at FCHS and is in her 20th year as an educator. She and her husband Steve have four children, Molly, Jake, Abby and Maci, who all attend FCPS schools.

“We are excited to welcome Coach McCall as our new Varsity softball coach. Aime’ brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to this position and possesses the needed drive, determination, and integrity for the program,” Superintendent Pete Gretz said. “I know she will continue to mold our players, on and off the field, while partnering with our community to promote success and character among our student athletes.”

Fluvanna is set to host Harrisonburg on March 18 in its season opener at 6:00 p.m.