Fluvanna County Sherriff’s Department
Sgt. Josh Green. Photo courtesy of Fluvanna County Sherriff’s Department.

New Resource Officers at FCPS Schools

New Resource Officers at FCPS Schools – Press Release 

On Dec. 7, the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office announced that Sgt. Josh Greene and Officer Rich Morrison will be joining the Fluvanna County Public Schools Resource Officers Division. 

Sgt. Green will oversee the daily operations of the SRO team while serving directly at Fluvanna County High School. He will be an additional liaison between the school community and local law enforcement while collaborating with the School Safety Team to ensure the safety of students, staff, and visitors. Officer Morrison, a veteran of the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office, will serve at Carysbrook Elementary.

In a press release from Fluvanna County Public Schools, Captain Von Hill said, “I am pleased to welcome the experienced deputies, Sgt. Greene and Officer Morrison, as they join our School Safety Team as [Fluvanna County Public Schools’ new SROs.” He continued, “Their wealth of knowledge will further enhance our School Resource Officer program and fortify the great collaboration between law enforcement and our school community. Together, we continue our dedication to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our students, fostering a positive and supportive atmosphere for their educational journey.”

Sgt. Green began his journey with law enforcement in 2006, starting with the Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice Training Academy and later with the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office as a Patrol Deputy. He specialized in narcotics interdiction and K9 handling, and was featured in Police K9 Magazine in 2011. In 2015, he retired from the K9 unit after joining the Army Reserve National Guard and deploying overseas.

Green was promoted to Sergeant in 2015 after returning to the Sheriff’s office, where he received extensive leadership and instructor training, managing various responsibilities as Patrol Sergeant, including overseeing contractual pay, special events, and internal training. Originally from Charlottesville, Sgt. Greene has lived in Fluvanna since 2004 and currently has two children attending FCPS. He enjoys sports, grilling, and outdoor activities.

FCPS Superintendent Pete Gretz expressed his gratitude for the school district’s continuous partnership with local law enforcement. 

“FCPS is fortunate to have a strong and balanced partnership with the Fluvanna County Sheriff’s Office and the addition of Sgt. Greene and Officer Morrison will only strengthen that relationship. Both officers bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to their positions prioritizing their relationships with our students, staff and community,” Gretz said. “We are encouraged about the ways the team will work closely with students, families, and the FLUCO community,” he added.