The Fluco Beat

• April 29The Fluvanna Health Clinic will be offering sports physicals for the 2024-25 school year on May 8 from 5pm to 7pm in the Auxiliary Gym. The cost is $50 and students must have parental consent.
  • April 24A paper recycling project is occurring. Please place any old and unused papers and notes in the box in the cafeteria until April 29.
  • April 23700 students showed up to the Suicide Prevention Walk on April 19. All profits benefited the ConnerStrong Foundation.
  • April 8Culinary will be selling Cake in a Cup, sweet tea, and lemonade during April. Cakes are $3 while sweet tea and lemonade are $1 each.

The Fluco Beat

The Fluco Beat

Picture Days are Coming

Picture Day is coming to Fluvanna County High School during 2nd block on Aug. 24 and 25. The make-up day is Sept. 28. Photos are being taken for yearbook and ID photos and are required. Here are the facts:

• ALL staff members and students–including seniors– are required to take a photo for mandatory ID badges and yearbook/PowerSchool photos when they come down with their 2nd block class in the Auxiliary gym on Thursday or Friday, Aug. 24 and 25.
  • JostensPix does not do formal tux or drape photos for seniors. They do a one shot/one pose photo for everyone. Seniors who want a tux or drape shot can use an outside photographer (like Ali Johnson or Simplee Photography) and have been emailed that information. But they still need to take a photo because the Jostens photo is used to make them an ID badge.
  • Staff members can take their photo either morning between 7:45 and the start of school or during first block planning. 
  • Teachers will give students photo cards ahead of time which are required in order to take a photo. Students who did not receive photo cards from their 2nd block teacher (either because they enrolled at FCHS after Aug. 3, or made a change to their class schedule after Aug. 3) will need to go to the check in table in the Auxiliary Gym to get a photo card made for them. 
  • If a student misses taking a photo with their class on Aug. 24, their teacher should send them with a pass on Aug. 25 between 9:30 and 11:30. If they miss both days, they can come to make up day, Sept. 28.
  • Students who do not remain with their class in the photo sessions or take more than 5-10 minutes to return to class may receive a skip slip. 
  • Students may NOT wear head coverings, wigs, bare shoulders, sunglasses, etc.
  • Parents will receive an email with ordering instructions a few days prior to Aug. 24. No money should be sent to school as all orders will be online.
  • Students will receive their ID badges at school by the third week in September. Purchased photo packages will be mailed directly to the student’s home. 
  • For more information, email [email protected].