A+page+from+the+2023+FCHS+Literary+Magazine.+
FCHS Journalism
A page from the 2023 FCHS Literary Magazine.

Literary Magazine Club Seeking New Members

As students begin signing up for 2024 clubs, one lesser-known option is the FCHS Literary Magazine Club. Club members get the benefit of helping to produce an award-winning, student-run publication, the Undefined Literary Magazine, which is published annually.

The 2023 edition of the magazine, Volume 20, was published in May and showcased the writing and artwork from last year’s students throughout the school. Undefined was submitted for judging through VHSL (Virginia High School League), and the results will be announced in October. In the past, the magazine has won numerous First Class awards, including a Trophy Class award in 2021, which is the equivalent of a state award.

“Students should check out the Literary Magazine because it is an awesome way to see what your friends have written or created. It’s also a great way to get inspired. Plus, the stories are amazing,” said Magazine Editor Kessler Potter.

The 2023 club members were Morgan Drumheller, Sage Gibson, Aliyah Fanning and Natalie Fanning. The magazine is published annually by Journalism Adviser Elizabeth Pellicane.

Students interested in joining the club should sign up during club sign ups, and join the meetings on Wednesdays during Fluco WIN in Room 4501.

The 2023 Literary Magazine is available here.