Connecting with Fluco Journalism

October 2, 2020

Reach us through these accounts.

Reach us through these accounts.

The world is adapting to Covid, but so is the internet and social media. Little physical interaction can leave a person feeling down or depressed, but luckily there is technology to continue to connect us to friends, family, the community, and even the world. With the school year starting, teachers and students are adjusting to the new system, and that is true of the FCHS Yearbook as well.

Normally you might see Journalism students come into your classrooms taking pictures or asking questions. Since students are no longer physically in school, the Journalism team’s job has become harder. As a result, the Fluco Journalism staff is learning to adapt to the new year by stepping up and expanding their social media accounts and crowdsourcing photos, quotes, and ideas to make sure that the 2021 school year gets covered, come what may.

The Journalism team, which is overseen by Journalism Adviser Elizabeth Pellicane, works on the student website theflucobeat.com, the Yearbook, and the Literary Magazine. Their biggest challenge in a time of Covid is how to get photos and do interviews from a distance, so they will be getting most of the Yearbook pictures, polls, and more by crowdsourcing them from students on social media. They need the students of FCHS to help them make this year’s yearbook just as comprehensive as those in the past. To accomplish that, they need students to send them pictures by messaging one of their accounts, answering polls on the Journalism Instagram story, answering Q&A questions on the Journalism stories and posts, and interacting with their accounts.

Fluco Journalism has three accounts, one on Facebook where the audience is mostly parents, and one on Instagram and Snapchat where the audiences of both are mostly students. To share your stories, quotes and photos with the Yearbook, go to the accounts displayed in the image at the top of the article.