Power Team photo courtesy of Steven Szarmach.

Fluco Power Team Lights Up Festival

The FCHS Power Team traveled to Columbus, Ohio, to compete in the Arnold Sports Festival on the weekend of March 1. This is the eighth year the Power Team has competed in this annual event, and it proved to be particularly successful. 

The team won five out of nine first place trophies, with junior Matthew Hayden winning the Tire Flip event. Junior Dillon Moore and sophomore Allyson Crothers both placed first in the Co-ed Overall championships, with Moore also placing first in the individual Crossfit event, and Crothers placing first in Girls’ Team overall. “It was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders because it was a lot of pressure,” said Crothers.

Every year, the Arnold Sports Festival has over 20,000 athletes attend from around the world to compete in a variety of sports ranging from bodybuilding and fencing to ping pong.

The Power Team meets during Fluco Focus, with its main goal being to train and focus athletes while providing educational opportunities on health benefits like nutrition and strength. Team members also have the ability to train during Fluco Focus, or in the mornings before school.

For more information about the Power Team, visit or contact Coach Steven Szarmach at [email protected].