Photo Courtesy of Fluco Journalism
Photo Courtesy of Fluco Journalism

National Breakfast Week Comes to FCHS

The FCHS cafeteria is participating in National Breakfast Week. If a student buys lunch on Monday, March 4, they can redeem a free breakfast coupon for the rest of the week in the cafeteria. Students can even use this to try the new Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits served at breakfast in the cafeteria.

National Breakfast Week is meant to provide students with a healthy breakfast. Schools are encouraged to try to increase breakfast participation. According to a study done by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), “Providing students with breakfast in the classroom setting is associated with lower tardy rates, fewer disciplinary office referrals, and improved attendance rates.”

An option for students to grab a quick breakfast is the breakfast cart, recently installed by FCHS. The cart serves many of the same foods as the cafeteria and provides students who don’t have much time in the morning with a nutritious breakfast. For more information, see this article which focuses on the location of the cart and its benefits to students.

View Comments(1)
Photo of Tyler Harris
Tyler Harris, Editor-in-Chief

Tyler is a senior in his third year of journalism. He enjoys swimming, the outdoors, and video games.

• P

Patrick DieterMar 4, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Well written, very to the point. I enjoy the paper being used to provide information on events, as it was here, as well as be used for opinions and reviews. Let Mrs. Pellicane know that the new site layout is excellent, and I enjoyed reading through the website. Keep up the good work!

Reply
1