FCPS are Fully Accredited

October 3, 2018

Entrance to FCHS. Photo courtesy of Fluco Journalism.

Fluvanna County Public Schools (FCPS) are fully accredited for the fifth consecutive year. Only 20 out of 132 school divisions in Virginia have all schools fully accredited. Schools can meet the accreditation by scoring above the benchmark or by using a three-year average.

The school district’s accreditation was announced this week by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) which also noted that 92 percent of Virginia’s public schools are rated as Fully Accredited for the 2018-19 school year. This is up six percent from the previous school year.

Since they do not administer SOL tests, accreditation for Central Elementary and West Central Primary Accreditation is based on the performance at Carysbrook Elementary School.

“I am proud of our school division for achieving this benchmark for the fifth consecutive year. We are fortunate to have a community that supports education and group of dedicated educators who work together to provide our students with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful,” stated Superintendent Chuck Winkler.