Falcon and The Winter Soldier: The Show That Every Marvel Fan Should Watch

April 16, 2021

In the highly anticipated Marvel show Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Marvel fans follow heroes Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) and Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes (Sebastian Stan), two close friends of the former superhero Steve Rogers, otherwise known as Captain America (Chris Evans).

Following in the heels of Avengers: Endgame after Captain America’s death, they learn to move on without their old friend. In the process, Falcon and the Winter Soldier must work together on an intense adventure that will test their skills as superheroes.

The first episode packed a punch. It created a strong infrastructure that could lead to a strong finale. The episode was very important to Marvel fans, striking some sensitive areas. The episode added some interesting features that beautifully lay out the foreground for a wonderful series. It left some surprises for Marvel fans everywhere.

The first episode perfectly summed up what the two had to endure when it came to external and internal struggles of modern day people. Kari Skogland, the director, kept things interesting when she ended the episode on a cliffhanger. Most viewers may dislike the cliffhanger scenario because they must wait a given time period, but it makes me want to come back next week to find out what will happen next.

Similar to WandaVision (another Marvel Studios series), these episodes will eventually tie into the upcoming movies that Marvel has in store for their fans. I’m excited to see what Marvel decides to do with this series since they started on a high note.

Based off of everything that I have seen so far, hopefully the upcoming five episodes will be just as enjoyable as the first one. I would give this show 4/5 stars.