photo from wikipedia commons

Choose Sociology to Relax Your Brain

February 16, 2023

We all know how big of a pain picking classes can be. You want to pick the best classes, but you also want a class that will give you a bit of a hiatus from difficult coursework. If you’re looking for a breather class with simple work, I’ve got the perfect one for you.

Rebecca Newman’s Sociology class is the best class to learn something new and interesting, but also have quick and painless assignments. Sociology is a social science that focuses on society, human social behavior, patterns of social relationships, social interaction, and aspects of culture associated with everyday life. You will learn about past sociologists who helped discover the patterns of human behavior and how our relationships developed over time.

As someone who struggles with staying on top of things and stressing out nearly every day about school work, I’ve found that this is by far the best class to reduce my stress. Most of Newman’s lessons are on Pear Deck where you occasionally answer a few questions. You also indulge in many projects that are very straightforward and surprisingly easy.

Newman always keeps you intrigued in her lessons with colorful slideshows and inspiring videos, and keeps you even more engaged by letting you speak your mind on the topic of the day. At the end of each unit, you write a portfolio to show that you’ve comprehended what you’ve learned. This class is only a semester-long and is an elective, so you don’t have to worry about big tests or SOLs. Instead, you’ll often find yourself making Google slide presentations about communication and cultures.

Overall, assignments are usually pretty quick and the class is very relaxed with the occasional joke here and there. This class mainly attracts people who are quiet and like to keep to themselves, but it still tends to attract a few open and confident people who aren’t afraid to share their thoughts.

Sociology can be a good class to help you in college and prepare you for future careers. It teaches you the basics of human behavior and how we have come to interact with each other today. It’s mind-blowing to see how far in behavior and communication we as a society have come. This class has only pushed me further into my fascination with the human mind and how it works. I plan on going to college and taking a course in sociology and studying criminology as I’ve wanted to do for a long time.

Whether you see something similar in your future, or you just want an intriguing and relatively easy class, I definitely suggest you take it if you get the chance.