TV Production Takes On NOCTI

February 14, 2019

Brandon+Lytton+and+John+Bossong+in+their+NOCTI+Ad.+Photo+courtesy+of+FCHS+TV+Production+

TV Production

Brandon Lytton and John Bossong in their NOCTI Ad. Photo courtesy of FCHS TV Production

This year, ten of David Small’s TV Production students entered the NOCTI Video Contest. According to their website, NOCTI is the “the largest provider of industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for career and technical education (CTE) programs across the nation.”

The contest, which was created in order to promote CTE programs, encouraged students to create a video using their own imagination relating to this year’s topic: America’s Future Workplace.

Four videos were submitted to the contest by Small and his students- including John Bossong, Scotty Campbell, and Brandon Lytton. One of the videos used a “Wayne’s World” theme to promote CTE classes at the high school and to show how CTE impacts America’s Future Workplace.

The winners of the contest will be announced in February during NOCTI’s CTE month celebration. The First Place winner gets $500 and a class pizza party, Second Place gets $250 and a class pizza party, Third Place gets $150 and a class pizza party, and Honorable Mention gets $100 and a class pizza party.

This was the first year Small got his classes to take part in the contest. “It gives the students a chance to create something for a third party,” he said, adding that he plans on getting future classes to take part in the contest as well.

To watch some of the videos take a look at these links: