“Monstrous” Musical Storms FCHS

April 18, 2018

Photo courtesy of Craig Edgerton.

The FCHS Drama Department is taking on the “monstrous” musical Shrek this week for their annual spring play.

A retelling of the popular children’s movie Shrek, the play follows grumpy ogre Shrek and his side kick, Donkey, as they journey to regain Shrek’s swamp from the evil Lord Farquaad. They travel to Princess Fiona’s tower, fight the dragon, and rescue her. While Shrek and Fiona start to develop feelings for each other, Fiona has a terrible secret which will kill their chances of happiness. Or will it?

Come watch the musical to see whether these unusual love birds have a happily every after. (You might just see some unexpected FCHS staff members making their stage debut.)

Shrek: The Musical will be performed April 20 at 7 pm and April 21 at 1 pm and 7 pm in the FCHS Auditorium.

Tickets can be purchased online at fchs.seatyourself.biz or at the door. Adult tickets are $12 and students and children’s tickets are $7. Front Center Seats (Rows A, B, C) are $17 for adults and $12 for students and children. Reserve your seat online and save $1.

Under the direction of Director Craig Edgerton and Assistant and Art Director Michelle Coleman, many FCHS students and staff came together to produce this play, along with members of the FCHS Band. The cast includes:

Shrek………………………………………Alex Logan

Papa Ogre……………………………….James Barlow

Mama Ogre……………………………..Wanda Elliott

Fiona………………………………………Kate Moncure

Donkey……………………………………Paul Nazari

Puss n’ Boots……………………………Mia LaRochelle

Lord Farquaad…………………………Corban Van Ornum

Sergeant………………………………….James Barnett

Lieutenants……………………………..Matt Morrison and Chad White