Junior Justin Knight enjoying a breath of fresh air at the bus ramp. Photo courtesy of Bayley Leyshon

New Fluco Rises Above Adversity

September 15, 2017

Fluvanna and Louisa are often thought of as being pretty similar– both rural and small-town in feel– but FCHS newcomer Justin Knight, a recent transplant from Louisa High School, said that there is one distinction between the schools.

“The people here are nicer,” Knight said about Fluvanna.

An 11th grader, Knight is an athletic guy, and usually plays lacrosse, basketball and football. However, his athletic career came to a halt when he recently tore the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) in his knee and dislocated his kneecap. He was playing in a lacrosse tournament game against The Prospects when he tripped and was injured.

“I’ll probably need surgery on it, so I’m not sure it will be possible to play all the sports I normally do this year,” Knight said.

Luckily, athletics aren’t this new Fluco’s only passion. In his free time, Knight writes lyrics for songs, normally for “about an hour and a half every night.” He writes lyrics for his own songs of the rap and R&B genres.