The Return of Daredevil?

February 7, 2022

Once again, Marvel has managed to take the world by storm as Spider-Man: No Way Home was released in theaters on Dec. 17. Whether fans watched it for Tom Holland or a genuine adoration for the Marvel universe, there is no denying that crowds went wild as the story unfolded. The film broke box office records as perhaps the most enthralling film since Avengers: Endgame.

Spider-Man: No Way Home also revived Marvel fans’ love for Matt Murdock– a morally-grey lawyer from Hell’s Kitchen– through Chris Cox’s brief appearance in the film as Peter Parker’s lawyer. This allowed raving to commence by fans new and old, as views of Daredevil on Netflix have skyrocketed since No Way Home had its groundbreaking debut.

Originally premiering on Netflix in 2015, Daredevil has since gained a fanbase for its addictive, action-packed storyline, as well as the charming Matt Murdock, for whom TikTok thirst traps (media intended to induce attraction) have taken over many “For-You” pages.

Like many Marvel vigilantes, Murdock is a masked man who fights anybody that might cause harm in his city. But his mask is different from all other heroes in that it completely covers the top half of his face. When Murdock was a little boy, he was in an accident that resulted in his loss of sight while initiating a development of heightened senses that his alter ego, Daredevil, relies upon to fight crime.

As with some superhero characters like Peter Parker, crime fighting does not pay the bills, so Murdock continues on his justice spree as a lawyer during the day, devoting himself to the “underdog” cases.

Although it may be common knowledge that a Marvel-based series would be action-packed, the third season of Daredevil broke cinematic history with its 10-minute, 43-second fight scene. The duration, however, is not what broke the record; rather, it is the fact that the scene is uninterrupted, meaning that it was filmed in a single, incredibly-choreographed, continuous shot. This was perhaps the best fight scene that I have seen Marvel produce as a television series. I wholeheartedly recommend this show to any Marvel fan or vigilante lover.

(Even if you have no interest in watching the whole series, I guarantee that checking out that watching that scene–a masterpiece featuring dozens of stuntmen in a huge, no-holds-barred prison brawl–on YouTube is well worth your time.) 

With this upshot of interest thanks to Spider-Man: No Way Home, there are rumors that Daredevil, which had previously been canceled in 2018, may be renewed for a fourth season. Rumors suggest that Disney+ and actor Charlie Cox are working on its revival, but there has been no confirmation yet. In the meantime, grab some popcorn and binge-stream all three seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil on Netflix and enjoy his character in depth within the comics.