“What If…?” is a Marvelous Twist Into the Multiverse

November 3, 2021

Marvel has always given us a great cinematic experience, from unforgettable fight scenes to the tragic deaths of a few of our favorite characters. Somehow Marvel was still able to achieve this goal through a cartoon. Marvel’s new show, “What if…?”, is about certain events in the MCU by showing you an infinite amount of possibilities inside the multiverse.

This mind-twisting show has nine episodes, and each episode is beautiful in its own way, with the first episode being titled “What If… Captain Carter Were the First Avenger?”, and I have to say this episode was interesting but adorable. A lot of the original actors of our favorite characters came back to voice their cartoons. But, of course, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., and Scarlett Johannson will not be returning as their time in Marvel has come to an end. However, the voice actors for their characters did a fantastic job at keeping their personalities. Unfortunately, a few of the original actors were unavailable during the time of making the show, like Tom Holland. However, the show features the late Chadwick Boseman playing Black Panther.

Now, of course, we all know Marvel is all about timelines, so if you miss one movie, you don’t understand any of it anymore. So if you plan on watching this show, make sure you’ve seen everything, so you don’t get confused. But, to be fair, even if you’ve seen all the movies, you can still get confused because…well, it’s Marvel. I wouldn’t expect any less from them. Just like I said previously, there are nine episodes of this marvelous show, and they sort of follow each other, but not really. Each episode is about 30-37 minutes long, which is amazing compared to the usual two to three-hour movies.

Each episode is action-packed, funny, adorable, and of course, sad because Marvel can never give us a break. This show was one of Marvel’s biggest projects, and people seem to be super satisfied with it. Many were worried it would be too childish, myself included, but it was so much better than expected. This show is a Disney+ Original, so you can only watch it on there with a subscription. Also, if you need a bit of a refresher, almost all of the movies except a few are on Disney+. So go watch it because it’s not a disappointment. I can promise you that.