Noah Amato, Michael Strickler, and Jason Dech at the Virginia State Band competition. Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Pellicane

Amato Serenades The State

April 25, 2018

Freshman Noah Amato is a French Horn player in the FCHS Band. He recently had the opportunity to compete in the April 7 All-State competition for student musicians.

Amato’s family has a distinct interest in music. This includes his younger sibling, eighth grader Ava Amato, who plays the clarinet. So it should be no surprise that Noah joined the high school band last year.

When asked about his choice of the French Horn, Amato said,”The French Horn had always interested me. I’d always heard it’s a challenging instrument, and I like challenges.”

With his recent success in getting to the All-State competition, where he placed 18th in the state for French Horn, Amato is one to look out for in the near future, due to the musical achievements so early in his high school career.

Amato has an interest in going to college, and intends to learn what he’s interested in for his future around that time.