Breaking News: 9/26 – Click Here

Faculty Announcements

9/26/19

Students Going to the Parking Lot

Students are not allowed to go to the parking lot during the school day without permission from an administrator.

Hearing and Vision Screening

Fluvanna County High School will be conducting Hearing and Vision Screening for all 10th grade students and new students on Thurs, 9/26 and Fri, 9/27. This screening is done every year for these group of students. Students should receive a pass from their 1st/2nd block teacher. The screenings are done in the 4th floor Media Center from 9am – 12pm.

Early Dismissal

This is a reminder that there is an early dismissal for students on Tues, 9/24

Lifetouch Retakes

Seniors: September 27th is the last day to take or retake a senior yearbook portrait with Lifetouch. Seniors who have signed up for a photo will receive an appointment pass by September 25th. If you want to take an Ali Johnson photo, you must call 434-906-0418 to schedule an appointment by October 1st. If you’re submitting your own professionally-done photo, you must submit it to Mrs. Pellicane by October 15th.

Underclass Photos

Lifetouch will be here for final yearbook and ID badge photos and retakes on Friday, September 27th in the Auxiliary Gym. No appointment is necessary, so if you need to take a photo, ask your teacher for a pass that day. Remember that all students must take a photo this year.

Career Cafe Series

Interested in learning more about what a career in law enforcement looks like? Sign-up to attend the first installment of Mr. Madden’s Career Cafe Series set for Monday, September 30th, from 10:30-11:00am in the career center. Our special guests will include Fluvanna County’s Sheriff Hess and our very own Deputy Taylor. Students interested in attending the career cafe should sign-up on the sheet located outside of the school counseling office.

College Rep Visits

The following colleges are signed up to hold rep visits in the Career Center over the next month: UVA on 9-25 at 2 pm, Hampden-Sydney on 9-26 at 2 pm, Mary Baldwin University on 10-18 at 2 pm, VCU on 10-24 at 8:45 am, William and Mary on 10-30 at 10:15 am and ODU on 11-6 at 2:00 pm. Stop by the Career Center if you are interested in these schools.

Parent Teacher Conferences

Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on Thurs,Oct 10th 4-7pm and Fri, Oct 11th 9am – 12pm.

Student Pickups

The Front Loop will only be available for pick up from 8:45 – 3:15 to drop off or pick up. If you are being picked up from 3:15 – 3:45 your parent will need to pick you up in the rear parking lot. Please remember all students must have a note for an early dismissal. Phone calls are not permitted.

speech and debate

Speech and debate will have a mandatory meeting during Fluco focus in room1518 this Thursday. This meeting is mandatory for all Speech and Debate team members.

Glass Slipper Homecoming Dress Sale!

Effort Baptist Church will be having their annual dress sale THIS SATURDAY from 9-12pm. Dresses are $10 or less!

8TH GRADERS

BRVGS Applications will be available on Tuesday, October 1st, please stop by the School Counseling Office to pick up your application. If you have any questions, please email or come see Ms. Holland.

Happy Birthday

Please wish Ms. Anita Burdine a happy birthday today.

8th Grade Girls Basketball

Please dismiss 8th grade girls basketball team at 2:25 on Thursday, Sept. 26. They have an away game at Locust Grove.