New FCHS Scholarship Opportunities

Photo courtesy Dreamstime.com

FCHS has received some brand new scholarship opportunities for seniors looking to head into college.

Act fast, since the deadlines are coming up soon.

• Granville Meade Scholarship for financially disadvantaged VA high school seniors – DEADLINE IS MARCH 16
  • Society of Cincinnati Essay Contest/Scholarship for any graduating senior attending any four-year college or university in Virginia, $3,000 – DEADLINE IS MARCH 16
  • Fluvanna Farm Bureau Women’s Committee Scholarship for applicants pursuing a career in/related to agriculture, $500 – DEADLINE IS MARCH 30
  • Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship for student demonstrating leadership abilities and attending a four-year college/university in the U.S. – DEADLINE IS MARCH 31
  • Rich Murray Sports Journalism Scholarship for students pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field. – DEADLINE IS MARCH 31
  • Charlottesville Dogwood Foundation Scholarship for students who recognize the importance of being actively engaged in community services, $1,500 – DEADLINE IS APRIL 1
  • UVA Credit Union Scholarship for any college-bound senior, $1,500 – DEADLINE IS APRIL 2
  • Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship for graduating minority female students, $500 – DEADLINE IS APRIL 6

For more information or if you have any questions about the scholarships, visit http://flucoguidance.weebly.com/ , or go to the Counseling Office  to speak with Ms. Garrett