Perfecting her Kraft

January 3, 2022

Photo courtesy of Michael Kraft

Sophomore Rebekah Kraft heading off to work at the Pantops Chick-Fil-A.

Coming back to school after a year of virtual learning can be nerve-racking, but can you imagine having a job, being a student, playing multiple sports, and being class treasurer at the same time? Sophomore Rebekah Kraft can tell you all about that life.

Kraft plays a variety of sports that she enjoys and to which she dedicates hours each week. “I play field hockey in the fall, indoor track in the winter, and soccer during the spring. I also swam last year. IIt’s like a get-away from school and I can focus on something else,” she says.

Kraft expressed how happy she is to be back on school grounds. “I like being back in the building. While it feels a little different wearing a mask, it’s relatively normal and I missed that.” She said her favorite class last semester was Mass Media with teacher Elizabeth Pellicane.

In her job as Sophomore Class Treasurer, Kraft has the task of managing the fundraisers and money for the different events that her grade is involved with. “It can be hard sometimes. The four of us who are in the student council do a good job of keeping things organized, so it’s not too difficult.”  She said her favorite part about being class treasurer is “being in charge of things.”

When she’s not at school, Kraft works three to four days a week at the Pantops Chick-fil-A taking orders, bagging food, or making drinks. “Honestly I’m not sure how I manage it [all]. School always comes first, so if I’m falling behind I just work around it and schedule myself less that week,” she noted.

The one thing Kraft says she would change about Chick-fil-A is her hours, especially during finals season. “I need to cut down on hours to focus on my school work,” she said.